mono- unsaturated fatty acid– oleic acid-
- helps lower LDL cholesterol and increases HDL cholesterol.
- may help prevent coronary artery disease and stroke
valuable source of – dietary protein–
- amino acids essential for growth
- 18g of protein per 100g (32% DRI)
– dietary fibre- lignans– sesamin and sesamolin
rich in b-complex vitamins eg:
niacin: 100g=28% DRI. Helps reduce LDL-cholesterol levels in blood
folic acid: 100g = 25% DRI. essential for DNA synthesis. Helps prevent neural tube defects in newborns
rich in essential minerals eg:
These minerals play a vital role in bone mineralization, red blood cell production, enzyme synthesis, hormone production, as well as regulation of cardiac and skeletal muscle activities.