Rolled oats are prepared by rolling the whole oat grain through a steam roller
- Contain more soluble fibre than any other grain including beta-glucans- a type of fibre that has proven to lower cholesterol and therefore help reduce the risk of heart disease
- The soluble fibre and protein content of oats slows down digestion and gives and extend the feeling of fullness
- Can help reduce blood sugar and insulin levels so can help control diabetes
- Contain iron, manganese, zinc, vitamin E, folate, B vitamins, phosphorous and selenium
- Contain anti-oxidants such as avenanthramides, phenolic acids and phytic acids
Place 95g (1cup) rolled oats in a medium saucepan with 500mls (2 cups) of cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low simmer, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until thick and creamy.