100gm = ½ cup
red kidney beans- DARK (organic, 100gm)
They have a deep strong flavour.
Dark Red Kidney Beans are large and kidney-shaped with a deep glossy red colour. They have a meaty flavour and texture.
Red Kidney beans are a good source of:
- soluble and insoluble fibre– their high soluble fibre content helps lower cholesterol by binding with the bile containing cholesterol and eliminates it from the body.
- soluble fibre also prevents blood sugar levels from rising to rapidly, providing steady slow burning energy
- high quality protein-when combined with whole grains such as brown rice provide a protein comparable to that of meat or dairy
- trace element molybdenum
- Folate helps lower levels of homocysteine. Elevated blood levels of this amino acid is an independent risk factor for heart attack
- iron– increase your energy by replenishing your iron stores
- Thiamin- Vitamin B1– participates in enzymatic reactions essential for energy production and is critical for brain cell/cognitive function. Thiamine is used in the synthesis of acetycholine, the neurotransmitter essential for memory. Alzheimer’s disease is clinically characterized by a decrease in acetycholine levels.