cacao powder- raw
Raw cacao nibs are cold pressed and then finely milled to produce raw cacao powder.
The cacao is never heated above 40 degrees celsius, ensuring that the valuable vitamins, minerals and antioxidants remain intact.
Cacao is a good source of:
- amino acids (protein)
- omega-3 essential fatty acids
What are the health benefits of raw cacao?
- Lowers insulin resistance
- Protects your nervous system: Cacao is high in resveratrol, a potent antioxidant also found in red wine, known for its ability to cross your blood-brain barrier to help protect your nervous system.
- Shields nerve cells from damage.
- Reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduces your risk of stroke
- Reduces blood pressure
- Reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease: The antioxidants found in cacao help to maintain healthy levels of nitric oxide (NO) in the body. Although NO has heart-benefiting qualities, such as relaxing blood vessels and reducing blood pressure, it also produces toxins. The antioxidants in cacao neutralise these toxins, protecting your heart and preventing disease.
- Guards against toxins: As a potent antioxidant, cacao can repair the damage caused by free radicals and may reduce the risk of certain cancers. Antioxidants are responsible for 10% of the weight of raw cacao.
- Boosts your mood: Cacao can increase levels of certain neurotransmitters that promote a sense of well-being. And the same brain chemical that is released when we experience deep feelings of love – phenylethylamine – is found in chocolate.
- It is rich in minerals: Magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, zinc, copper and manganese.