100％ Organic Agave (Blue Agave Tequilana Weber)
Agave Syrup is a natural sweetener made from the Mexican native plant Blue Agave Tequilana Weber. As it is sweeter than sugar or honey, it is a great alternative sweetener.
- Low GI = 30（only 1/3 or 1/4 of Sugar or Honey）
- Natural Sweetener
- High degree of sweetness – 1.3 times that of sugar
- Contains Inulin, a type of fructans which is a soluble fibre
- Use as a substitute of Sugar especially
- Is soluble in cold drinks
Production-When the agave plant has grown to 7-10 years old, the leaves of the plant are cut off, revealing the core of the plant (called the “pina”). When harvested, the pina resembles a giant pineapple.
To make the agave nectar, sap is extracted from the pina, filtered, and heated at a low temperature, which breaks down the carbohydrates into sugars. Lighter and darker varieties of agave nectar are made from the same plants.